Sunday, August 21, 2011

Fast, fresh Friday fiesta

When I think of fresh and simple summer cooking, Mexican-inspired food often comes to mind. Maybe it's the citrus (I LOVE LIME), or the fresh veggies, or the fact that it's so easy to vegetarianize...whatever it is, I love it! On Friday my friend came over to watch a movie, and we noshed on what I like to call Fiesta Bowls (not to be confused with the football game) beforehand.


We layered romaine lettuce, cilantro-lime brown rice, black beans with scallions and cumin, and this salsa (plus the addition of fresh-off-the-cob corn) in wide bowls and topped with some crunchy tortilla chips. With a crisp, cold Corona in hand, it's the perfect light and healthy summer supper.


Our bowl station ready to go - they're endlessly customizable!



With the chips, for a glamour shot.

2 comments:

  1. Ohh yum! This looks really tasty right now, so much more appealing than my cold sandwich waiting for me in the fridge at work...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks delicious! I'll try it one night.

    ReplyDelete