Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Food & Wine's 2010 Entertainment Showcase

I want to share some snaps I took at Monday night's 2010 Entertainment Showcase at the Museum of Contemporary Art, hosted by Food and Wine magazine. I got the chance to sample food from dozens of Chicago's best restaurants, cooked and served by dozens of talented chefs - all set to music, in a cool setting, with free wine tastings and Patron cocktails. How do I describe it? Um...I'll go with AWESOME! It was a total blast, and definitely an event I couldn't have attended if I hadn't won a pair of tickets from the awesome Chicago Foodies! Thanks guys!

Longman & Eagle pork belly confit with cheesy risotto and chestnut jus
Takashi vanilla bean panna cotta with uzu gelee, candied lemon and persimmon
Rieslings, my favorite!
Those are Stephanie Izard's hands preparing shooters with goat meat. Yup, I ate goat.
Delicious hand-rolled gnocchi with pork ragu from Nola
Mushroom crostini with about $10 worth of black truffle on top
Spicy house-made chorizo with pumpkin puree, marcona almonds and citrus vinagrette from Table 52
I think this was the lamb shoulder...love the presentation!
Collection of glasses at the Patron tequila bar
The folks at Avec assembling crostini of tuna puree with olive tapenade
Two firsts for me...spicy tripe stew from The Publican washed down with a Hoegaarden
Jess couldn't resist...she needed a picture with her buddy Graham Elliot!

By the time I left the museum I was stuffed...let's just say I definitely ate and drank the $125 value of the ticket! To read another account of the night, go here. Thanks again for an amazing time, Chicago Foodies!

2 comments:

  1. I'M. SO. JEALOUS.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was diagnosed as HEPATITIS B carrier in 2013 with fibrosis of the
    liver already present. I started on antiviral medications which
    reduced the viral load initially. After a couple of years the virus
    became resistant. I started on HEPATITIS B Herbal treatment from
    ULTIMATE LIFE CLINIC (www.ultimatelifeclinic.com) in March, 2020. Their
    treatment totally reversed the virus. I did another blood test after
    the 6 months long treatment and tested negative to the virus. Amazing
    treatment! This treatment is a breakthrough for all HBV carriers.

    ReplyDelete